The Account Executive drives new business and support sales goals. This individual:
- Meets annual financial targets by identifying, qualifying, and selling services to prospective customers.
- Successfully identifies and shapes customer needs and
- Develops and executes a winning pursuit
- Successfully navigates complex selling environments to build relationships and solicits new business.
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Account Executive role are as follows:
- Drives new business and supports aggressive sales goals within your
- Builds relationships with prospects, customers, and industry
- Develops an understanding of consultative sales tailored to the utility and energy industry primarily and other similar industries.
- Uses communication skills and industry knowledge to give an effective presentation of Mosaic’s capabilities to prospective
- Conducts business conversations with decision-makers and makes recommendations to prospective clients about various Mosaic
- Maintains a pipeline of qualified leads through referrals, industry event follow-up, selective cold calling, email campaigns, and networking.
- Assists in the implementation of Mosaic marketing plans, as
- Assists in the development of proposals, presentations, and request-for-proposal (RFP) responses.
- Participates as part of the Mosaic team at conferences and
- Assists with tradeshow logistics, including setting up and tearing down booth and table-top exhibits.
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Completes related duties, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining records in
- Providing support for marketing events and
- Assisting with Mosaic newsletter contributions, as
- Providing research support, as
- Managing memberships and subscriptions vital to Client Development &
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures while maintaining professional relationships, both internal and external that meet company core
To effectively respond to team and business goals, roles and responsibilities will vary and may include additional responsibilities not listed.
Skills and Experience
- Experience selling
- A firm understanding of the energy and utility sector
- Strong business writing
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and
- Experience with email and cold-call sales
- Internal: Works within the Client Development & Marketing team and in collaboration with other Mosaic departments for the achievement of client satisfaction, revenue generation, marketing execution, and long-term account goals in line with Mosaic’s vision and
- External: Develops and maintains strong relationships with prospective clients and other project stakeholders. The ability to independently work in and effectively navigate through ambiguous and political client environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience preferred.