Director, Digital Learning Experience
Director, Digital Learning Experience (extended (XR) reality)
This role is hybrid (remote with some travel to client sites). Candidates living in any part of the U.S. can be considered.
The Director, Digital Learning Experience (DDLE) is an evangelist for technology-based immersive learning with an ability to translate ideas into solutions to solve client business challenges. The DDLE is responsible for ensuring that Mosaic supports our client’s business objectives through immersive learning by partnering with our clients, internal project teams, and vendors to design, develop, and deliver digital learning (specifically XR) solutions. The DDLE works closely with Mosaic vendors to ensure client deliverables are high-quality and meet the agreed upon scope.
In addition to close collaboration with our clients, project teams, and vendors, the DDLE supports internal Mosaic efforts to drive the vision and shape Mosaic’s immersive learning capabilities and offerings. The DDLE supports internal change management practices around digital learning (specifically extended reality (XR)) capabilities.
Flexibility and open-mindedness are essential for success. This role is a mix of technology, consulting, leadership, and sales, which will require creative thinking as well as continuous improvement of systems, process, and efficiency.
The DDLE is a full-time billable role with simultaneous billable responsibilities on multiple projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Director, Digital Learning Experience are as follows:
- Support billable operational functions to maximize the efficiency of production/operations: Consulting, Instructional Design, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Development, and Engineering.
- Effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders what is possible and execute a roadmap to get there.
- Embrace continuous improvement to apply innovative approaches and pivot as needed and provide recommendations to improve internal digital learning production processes with a focus on client success.
- Establish production standards and ensure documentation of systems.
- Build relationships and trust with colleagues, partners, outside partners, and customers.
- Support Project Manager to drive projects on time, budget, and quality against defined targets.
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, supports continuous improvement of RFP-to-Delivery plan for Mosaic’s XR products and services (identifying long-term operational and technical pathways towards meeting overall strategic goals).
- Conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
- Support the sales process by working as a sales engineer to take complex concepts and translate them to clients as understandable and effective solutions.
- Support marketing efforts as requested through participation in industry events.
- Support client relationships with demonstrations of potential solutions as well as client specific deliverables as requested by the client.
- Provide quality control of all work completed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor third party relationships to ensure service levels are met and work for improved performance, quality, and cost controls.
- Maintain and continuously improve knowledge base of established, modern, and experimental XR technology methods and hardware through routine research and sponsored XR trade show attendance.
- Participate in creation of standards for business requirements / system documentation, production pipelines, and quality controls working with the project team (PM, QA, Consulting).
- Collaborates with the Project Manager and external development vendors from concept to completion of XR learning solutions for clients through the ENDEAVR subscription-based hosting and distribution model.
- Review and approve all development vendor XR deliverables in partnership with project team to ensure client requirements consistently meet client requirements.
- Participate in, and support team members to facilitate design sessions with client subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Review visual assets (3D models), functional versions of solutions, and other developed components to ensure integrity and consistency with intended design.
- Collaborate with team to ensure source materials sufficiently align with client requirements prior to the creation of concept mockups and storyboards upon which development deliverables are constructed.
- Partner with team in crafting business requirement outlines of varying detail levels and other supportive documents to successfully confirm the client’s solution prior to storyboard production.
- Generate in-depth storyboards conveying the visual approximations and functional accuracies necessary to successfully capture all client requirements, including graphic user interface (GUI) elements, 3D asset specifications, animations, and interactions (from complete environments to objects), image production, and careful guidelines for external development vendors.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance to continuously support and improve the multifaceted testing pathway required for XR projects.
To effectively respond to client and project needs, role and responsibilities will vary and may include additional responsibilities not listed.
Skills and Experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to influence and effectively communicate to others to believe that the impossible is possible.
- An appreciation for defining systems and process improvements while balancing the need to pivot away from process in the name of innovation.
- A balance of being attentive to details while not losing sight of the overall objective of the client engagement.
- A strong understanding of production and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude.
- Drive, determination, and resilience.
- An ambition to support the development of the business.
- An understanding of gaming platforms like Unity, Unreal, and CryEngine.
- Extensive knowledge of XR technologies.
- Previous experience within learning and performance improvement is an advantage.
- Internal: Develop and maintain strong relationships across the
- External: Interact extensively with clients, potential clients to develop strong relationships and communication channels. Ability to independently work in and effectively navigate through ambiguous and political client environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or related field or equivalent experience.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 254-1724.
We look forward to hearing from you!