Mosaic is a training and workforce consulting firm, providing custom solutions to utilities and oil & gas companies. We help companies reach and sustain the highest levels of workforce competency, quality, safety, and efficiency, through pragmatic solutions, innovative training curriculum and technology implementation support.
The rapid advances in technology and renewable energy production have led to changes in the way electricity is distributed and managed. These advancements and continual changes in technology have required improvements to Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS) and the skills required to operate and manage the distribution electrical network.
Mosaic seeks a Grid Operations Expert with a control center focus. Grid operators monitor system conditions, direct switching activities, or operate devices directly via SCADA, respond to outages and restore supply throughout transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution electrical networks. They direct field resources to maximize safe operations in substations, overhead and underground systems, and underground networks. They are employed by power generation plants and electrical power utilities. You will support client resources in implementing training in all settings and evaluating the effectiveness of the training programs.
• Work with customer SMEs to derive training requirements related to operations.
• Engage in department safety programs.
• Develop, check, and manage data.
• Observe, interpret, and suggest.
• Increase industry standards, developments, and technology knowledge.
• Analyze Systems Operations data and systems
• Construct and maintain operating procedures for control center areas and distribution operations.
• Understand electric system components and activities.
• Enable improvement by documenting process areas.
• Five plus years of experience as an engineer or power systems operator.
• Five plus years’ experience in developing training content using the systematic approach to training (SAT) process.
• Two plus years presenting electrical or operations training, experience creating simulation scenarios.
• Advanced knowledge of control center software systems (i.e. OSI, OMS, EMS, ADMS)
• Experience with ABB or Schneider tools a huge plus.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated decision-making ability in production deadline-driven environment.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally interact with diverse groups on a wide range of technical matters.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with changing technology and learning trends.
• Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an electrical engineering discipline, or High School Diploma and five plus years related electric engineering experience.